Wednesday, February 20, 2013

CMATTS....read on, I know you're curious!

Every once in a while I get the urge to pick up a magazine or two...or three...from the grocery store.  I can go months or years without buying one and them, BOOM, one day I feel compelled and I come home with several.  Maybe it's the Winter months, maybe it's because I gave up Facebook for Lent, or just looking for some inspiration, but I picked up three this week!  Anyhoo, I came across a funny little article in Parents Magazine called "Sick Daze".  I thought it was actually going to talk about all the maladies I know all of our families are dealing with this time of year but it pointed out maladies that seem to strike year round.  

The malady that made me chuckle with....I'm not sure with what, but it made me chuckle, probably because it's just what goes on here with<----- my little man every waking second, minute, day!!  It's called CMATTS, Carry Me All the Time Syndrome.  Symptoms are: The child refuses to be put down over a 12 to 13 hour period. Patient is unable to extend his or her legs enough to stand and will make horrible noises whenever falling anywhere beneath a parent's waistline. In extreme cases, the child won't permit the parent to sit down, sometimes resulting in Collapse of the Caretaker(COTC).

Did I mention that I recently came down with the under-diagnosed COTC!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment